😃 Bravo of course! What a great neighborhood! Like mine! I am a white woman living as a minority in El Paso, TX. I could not be happier. My immediate family is 50% Latina and I love them and the mix of cultures we all share. 🥳 I chuckled as the video reminded me of how many times I have heard "neighbors," on evening news and true crime shows, telling detectives and reporters how surprised they are that the person next door had been arrested as a violent serial killer (or whatever). "But, they were always so quiet and kept to themselves." Yah, EXACTLY! 🤪 Are they aware that they are saying: "I thought I knew my neighbor well because I didn't know a damned thing about them!" 😳 But, so many true crime programs begin with people proudly announcing "we never used to lock our doors." I don't get it. I like my neighbors AND I lock my doors at night; these things are not connected in my mind. I enjoy peace of mind in my home and I like living in a vibrant neighborhood. Having both is a blessing. 🫶
😃 Bravo of course! What a great neighborhood! Like mine! I am a white woman living as a minority in El Paso, TX. I could not be happier. My immediate family is 50% Latina and I love them and the mix of cultures we all share. 🥳
ReplyDeleteI chuckled as the video reminded me of how many times I have heard "neighbors," on evening news and true crime shows, telling detectives and reporters how surprised they are that the person next door had been arrested as a violent serial killer (or whatever). "But, they were always so quiet and kept to themselves." Yah, EXACTLY! 🤪
Are they aware that they are saying: "I thought I knew my neighbor well because I didn't know a damned thing about them!" 😳
But, so many true crime programs begin with people proudly announcing "we never used to lock our doors." I don't get it. I like my neighbors AND I lock my doors at night; these things are not connected in my mind.
I enjoy peace of mind in my home and I like living in a vibrant neighborhood. Having both is a blessing. 🫶