Thursday, August 9, 2007

OK, Why Haven't Your Boys Enlisted?













An audience member at a recent Iowa campaign event wondered why Willard Mousse/Mutt/Mitt Romney's five sons, all of military service age, had not chosen to enlist for fighting in Iraq. 3M swiftly searched his mental talking points, came up blank, and had to go with this howler:

"My sons are all adults and they've made decisions about their careers and they've chosen not to serve in the military and active duty, and I respect their decision. . .One way that my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I'd be a great president."

Yes, campaigning for me is as good as wearing your country's uniform in battle.

It' worth noting that the 5 Romney lads are following in the footsteps of their dad, who ducked service in Vietnam, choosing to spend his time in France preaching to the heathens. If all of the patriotic Yellow Elephants that are cheering on the war from the sidelines actually enlisted, we would have no problem meeting our quotas. But that would degrade the quality of our armed forces.

1 comment:

OYE said...

Welcome to Operation Yellow Elephant!