Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Temper, Temper! and "McCainsian Economics"

On the same WaPo op/ed page this morning that had former Bush speechwriter Michael "Mushroom Cloud" Gerson attempting to refute the facts of Sen. McBush's volatile temper and tendency to make and keep enemies (the one telling episode Gerson does lament is McBush lacing into the Falwell/ Robertson Telebangelists in 2000), Ruth Marcus analyzes the McCainsian Economic treatise: "The General Theory of Getting Elected." Her method is to contrast McBush's past positions on tax cuts for the wealthy (against them before he was for them) and government spending (for it before he was against it). McBush and all his trickle-down, tax cuts for the wealthy advisors are hoping this approach will work again (it always has in the past). It's up to the Democrats to keep exposing this ruinous pseudo philosophy of wealth redistribution up the economic ladder that has marked this Rebunglecan era of cupidity and selfishness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Hack! (do mind if I call you "Hack?) I truly and thoroughly enjoy your site as well. I think your views are pretty straight forward. I like that. Plus, they sometimes make me laugh at things I would not normally think of as funny. I see things pretty black and white, which can hinder a good thought process. So, keep up your good work and I will try to keep up mine as well.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, I really, and I mean REALLY like this post. I thought of the Genesis video of Reagan hitting the "button"...(i can't seem to remember the name of the video...age is hitting my brain). So--GO HACKWHACKERS, GO!

W. Hackwhacker said...

It's this kind of crazy political stuff that propels me over to your site to refresh my soul! "Hack" is fine with me (and my brother, I'm sure).