Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hooray For Hollywood


Hackwhackers' entertainment desk notes that tonight's Golden Globes will be hosted by the hilarious Ricky Gervais, who promises not to pull any punches with the likes of Mel Gibson and Charlie Sheen. Gervais, the comic force behind The Office and other works, is well worth sitting through the show biz excess and false camaraderie that typify these award shows. Look for some uncomfortable squirming in the audience as Gervais lets the zingers fly. Love it.

In another story, Golden Globe nominee for best actor Colin Firth was awarded his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. His star was placed on the sidewalk outside of the Pig N' Whistle pub on Hollywood Boulevard, so Firth said,
"When I come here to stare at my star, this is where I'll pop in for a quick pint after a long day's stare. I have a feeling I'm going to be here when I'm about 93, under a pile of blankets, asking for spare change and trying to convince anyone who will listen to me that I am the guy whose name is on the sidewalk."
Nice to see he has things in perspective.

No comments: