Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturday Reading

Michael Tomasky on a possibly pivotal week in the fortunes of the Obama Administration:
"This week has the feel of one that might become retrospectively pivotal. If indeed we are standing there watching as President Perry is sworn in two Januarys from now, and we’re forced to ponder the what ifs, space will be reserved on that list for a week in which the administration made a boneheaded political mistake, presided over a jobs announcement with zero growth, and turned on a key constituency group.

Believe me, I’d rather be writing positive columns. But if I were a sports columnist at The Washington Post and the Redskins had lost five in a row, I could hardly write, 'Hey, gang, everything’s going according to plan.' It ain’t. I have little expectation that they’ll listen to me. I can only hope someone they will listen to breaks through soon, before it becomes too late to turn things around."
So, who the hell is Obama getting his sterling advice from these days? Must be people who have his -- and the nation's -- best interests in mind, like the Club for Growth, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and American Petroleum Institute. Well done, sir!

No comments: