Tuesday, January 17, 2012

$374,000 "Not Very Much" to Millionaire Mitt


From the Huffington Post:

"In Greenville, S.C., Romney was asked directly what his effective tax rate is. It was a hot topic of discussion at Monday night's debate, at which Romney repeatedly declined to fully commit to release his tax returns.

"'It's probably closer to the 15 percent rate than anything,' said Romney on Tuesday. 'For the past 10 years, my income comes overwhelmingly from investments made in the past, rather than ordinary income or earned annual income. I got a little bit of income from my book, but I gave that all away. Then, I get speakers fees from time to time, but not very much.'" (emphasis added)


What's the "not very much" in speaker's fees to clueless plutocrat Willard "Millionaire Mitt" Romney? Only $374,000. No wonder he doesn't want to release his tax returns.

(Photo: That's Millionaire Mitt in his Bain Capital years.)

No comments: