Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lessons In Being President

President Obama made an appearance on the David Letterman Show last night, and when asked about his thoughts on plutocrat one-percenter Willard "The Smirker" Romney's dismissive comments about the 47% of Americans who don't pay Federal income tax, the President said:
"When I won in 2008, 47 percent of the American people voted for John McCain, they didn't for vote for me. And what I said on election night was 'Even though you didn't vote for me, I hear your voices, and I'm going to work as hard as I can to be your president.' And one of the things that I've learned as president, is you represent the entire country. And when I meet Republicans as we're traveling around the country, they are hard-working, family people who care about this country, and my expectation is that if you want to be president, you've got to work for everybody—not just for some."
A new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll taken after The Smirker's cravenly political statement on our Libyan consulate tragedy, but before the 47%-are-freeloaders comments, has the President opening up a 5 point lead. Seeing The Smirker's campaign imploding, vulnerable Rethugs like Sen. Scott "Centerfold" Brown and Connecticut Rethug Senate candidate Linda "Ready to Rumble" McMahon are running for the tall grass, a situation that will only continue into the fall.

No comments: