Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Here's The State Of The Union Address We'd Like To Hear Tonight



We would like to see President Obama use Charles Pierce's stripped-down State of the Union address tonight.  It gets right to the point:
"Mr. Speaker, Mr. Majority Leader, thank you for inviting me here tonight to discuss the state of our union. The state of our union is strong, and it's all because of me, motherfkers, and no thanks to your sorry, wrinkled white asses. I did everything I could do to pull the economy out of the shallow grave your deregulatory frenzy and the two-term nitwit who preceded me dug for it. You stood there like squeaking eunuchs and blocked everything you could, and a narrow slice of the electorate gave you virtually unprecedented control over the entire national legislature. I don't care. Your party has sold its soul and lost its mind. I'm not going anywhere. So I'm'a gonna do what I goddamn well please, because the state of our union is strong, motherfkers, and it's all because of me. Nice to see you all again, though."
(Photo:  Looks like VP Biden has the right 'tude also.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It very nearly was just that. Yipee! P.E.C.

Hackwhackers said...

He rose to the occasion, as he usually does, and looked confident and positive, as contrasted with the stone-like Repubs. Thanks, P.E.C.!