Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Rump Won't Rule Out 3rd Party Run



Republican front-runner and mega-bloviator Donald "Rump" Trump today denied yesterday's report by ABC News that he won't run as an independent in 2016, if he fails to get the Rethug nomination. Here's Trump, speaking to his fluffers on the execrable Fux and Friends
“I’m gonna keep the door open and I’m gonna see. .. I do want to keep that door open in case I don’t get treated fairly [by the Republican National Committee].”
 Sweet music to our ears, indeed, since we are certain that anything short of the RNC strewing rose petals before him wherever he walks and playing "Hail to the Chief" will be construed by Rump as not being "treated fairly."  Rump's egomania won't allow him to accept "defeat" at the hands of any of the other candidates, whom he either openly or privately has contempt for.  He has the resources, if not the organization, to run an "independent" campaign, as long as his lawyers can get him on the ballot in time.

In the meantime, let's listen to Stephen Colbert, who starts September 8 on CBS' "The Late Show":
“I just want to say that every little boy grows up believing they could be president of the United States, and I’m so happy that little boy turned out to be Donald Trump.  I just hope he’s taking his vitamins. Please stay healthy until I get on the air. Don’t do anything dangerous, don’t ride any motorcycles. Every night I light a candle and pray that he stays in the race and I also hope that no one puts that candle anywhere near his hair.”
We're lighting a candle, too.

No comments: