Sunday, August 21, 2016

Quote Of The Day - High Anxiety


"... I have a hard time empathizing with people who are nakedly racist, misogynistic, homophobic and xenophobic (which so many Trump supporters are). And I would also say that my empathy begins and ends with this: I vote for and support leadership and policies I know will benefit these assholes…even if they don’t know it. I feel that’s where my obligation to these people ends."  -- Beth Spencer at Lawyers, Guns and Money, expressing our feelings exactly.  She also links to a good read by Lance Mannion on the Donald "Rump" Trump voter and one of the cretin media's favorite false narratives:  that it's the po' down- and- out "economically anxious," displaced (white) workers who are Rump's base. Bullshit. That's not who the vast majority of them are, and they're not to be patronized or commiserated with.

No comments: