Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Make Or Break Time On TrumpCare


We're going to keep pushing this, because it's literally a matter of life or death to millions of fellow Americans. Democrats need 3 Republican votes to stop this heinous piece of sociopathic right- wing upward- income- redistribution disguised as health insurance reform when it comes up for a vote before the July 4 recess.

It's obvious why Republicans are so afraid of having their proposals (it's apparently not even a bill yet) aired in front of the American people:
In 2009, Democrats had an easy answer to what the Affordable Care Act was meant to do: They wanted to cover more people and cut costs. They could give that answer because it was a basically popular position, and because it’s what their bill actually did, or at least tried to do. 
In 2017, Republicans have a similarly easy answer for their bill: They want to cover fewer people and use the savings to fund tax cuts for the wealthy. That is what their legislation does. But they can’t give that answer because it’s a horribly unpopular position. 
That is why they are trying to write a bill in secret and pass it before the public has a chance to mobilize against it. That’s why, when asked to describe the bill’s provisions, Republicans offer baldfaced lies or word salad. (our emphasis)
If you thought the House TrumpCare bill savaged Medicaid, the proposals coming out of the Senate are even more devastating.

Tellingly, Senate Republicans have refused to meet with patient advocacy groups like the American Diabetes Association, American Hospital Association, American Medical Association, American Cancer Society, March of Dimes, American Heart Association and AARP.

As we've said before, this is our chance to make these r*fuckers see what democracy looks like. Here's your TrumpCare tool kit, courtesy of the Center for American Progress to help you make your opinion known (politely but firmly) to Republican Senators (click on link in the tweet):

Thanks in advance!

2 comments:

Feline Mama said...

I have to FORCE myself to call Heller. I'm ashamed I haven't done so. I'm afraid I'd get profane.
I can't for the life of me, in all my years, see when politicians would go against America & Her people's health & well being. How do they sleep at night? A lot of booze, drugs and NO HEART, my guess. What do their families think?

W. Hackwhacker said...

They're so deep inside the bubble, I'm not sure they don't think what they're doing is perfectly fine. After all, "it would get those loafers off Medicaid while giving my benefactors a big tax cut!" I would go the email route if that would be easier, btw. It works as a regulator for me, so I can edit my comments when I think they might be getting too "personal" ;-)