Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Mid-Week Troubled Waters Song


After the vile murder of worshipers at the Tree of Life synagogue last Saturday, and a week of terror brought on by a fanatic's desire to bomb Trump's "enemies," and so much more, we're in troubled times. Perhaps this ageless song from Simon and Garfunkel will remind us that we're far from alone, and we have the wind at our backs and the sun in our faces. Time will heal and change will come.
When you're weary, feeling small
When tears are in your eyes, I'll dry them all (all)
I'm on your side, oh, when times get rough
And friends just can't be found
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down

2 comments:

donnah said...

I own this album. I was a huge fan of theirs back in the day. And yes, a bridge over troubled water would be welcome, but with this much troubled water rushing below us, we're going to need a mega bridge like China just finished!

Hackwhackers said...

donnah -- Glad it resonated with you. A favorite of ours, too.