Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Mid-Week Songs: '50s Romantic Movies


To continue a recent theme of ours, today we're picking some movie songs in the romance genre from the '50s that stood on their own as hits. First, the 1955 song from the film of the same name, "Love Is A Many Splendored Thing" (instrumental version) by Sammy Fain. Next, the wistful  "Theme from Picnic" by George Duning from 1955. Up next is 1959's "Theme From A Summer Place" by Percy Faith.  Finally, the beautiful "Where Is Your Heart" by Georges Auric from the 1952 movie "Moulin Rouge."







2 comments:

donnah said...

Uh oh, I saw the theme from Moulin Rouge and it flipped me back to when I was a little girl. I...gulp..took accordion lessons (the shame!) and that song was among my favorites.

I always wanted to play “contemporary” songs and my music teacher did her best to provide sheet music for me. No polkas for this kid!

Hackwhackers said...

donnah -- It takes us back to the '50s "Continental" period in song and film, Italian and French mainly. Accordions, concertinas, and Spanish guitars were part of the sound of the time. Thanks for the memories.