Sunday, March 17, 2019

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Today is St. Patrick's Day, a day when anyone can be Irish if they want to be!  And what could be more Irish than music and dance (let's be positive here!)?  So, we're going to indulge ourselves with some of both.

We want to share: dancers from the McGahan Lees Irish Dance Academy performing to the reel "Cu Chullain's Despair" (with a little Aer Lingus promo);   a lyrical reel, "The Morning Dew," performed by The Chieftains;  and the stirring "Brennan on the Moor," performed by The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem. (The latter is about William "Willie" Brennan, a Robin Hood- type highwayman in the late 18th and early 19th centuries in our ancestral County Cork.) Of Irish descent or not, we wish you a Happy St. Patrick's Day. Erin go Bragh!






2 comments:

donnah said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! My birthday is tomorrow, and my Mom said she had an Irish nurse while she was in labor, trying to get her to deliver me on the 17th. “Wouldn't you like a wee lad or lassie, born on a special holiday?” she asked my mother. My mother said wearily that she would gladly have done so had it been possible.

So I was a day late and a green beer short, I guess.

W. Hackwhacker said...

donnah -- happy birthday in advance!