Thursday, December 5, 2019

Tweets of the Day: Barron The Baron-gate



After Stanford professor Pamela Karlan made an awkward pun yesterday reflecting on autocrat Donald "Impeachable Me" Trump's monarchist tendancies in naming his son Barron, the Rethugs ginned up their faux outrage machine, and quadrupled down on weaponizing the pun as an "attack" on Trump's son. It was nonsense, of course, and a feeble attempt to distract from the impeachment hearings, which some in the Beltway media bought. First Second Third Lady Melania "Melanie" Trump had someone on her staff send a tweet out in her name objecting to Karlan's witticism. Twitter smelled a shiny object:








(photo: "Melanie" wearing her signature "I Really Don't Care Do You?" coat as she travels to the child internment camps along the southern border)

3 comments:

Grung_e_Gene said...

The problem is; how do you combat this? The Magat Horde will never believe the Fake News media and 1,000,000+ conservative twitter accounts amplified their OUTRAGE to each other. I don't know how to defeat the actual bad actors and the RW drones willingly letting themselves be lied to.

John said...

Why bother! And try to stay clear of 2nd Amendment "Sanctuaries" :)

donnah said...

The Republicans are so desperate to alter the testimony that they'll go bananas over the silliest crap. I missed the original statement and worried about what was actually said, and when I heard it, I rolled my eyes so hard I could see the roots of my hair.

They are pathetic. They got nuthin'.