Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Trump's Attorney: Why Not Just Arrest My Client?

 

In contrast to the flawless presentation by the House Impeachment Managers of the incitement of insurrection case against demagogue Donald "Mango Mussolini" Trump yesterday, Trump's hapless and bumbling lead attorney Bruce Castor had some interesting things to say, among them:

Lost in space:

"The other day when I was down here in Washington, I came down earlier in the week to try to figure out how to find my way around, I worked in this building 40 years ago. I got lost then and I still do..."

Take my client....please:

"If my colleagues on this side of the chamber actually think that President Trump committed a criminal offense, and let’s understand, a high crime is a felony, and a misdemeanor is a misdemeanor. The words haven’t changed that much over time. After he’s out of office, you go and arrest him....

So there is no opportunity where the President of the United States can run rampant in January at the end of his term and just go away scot-free. The Department of Justice does know what to do with such people..."  (our emphasis)

The enemy of my client is my friend, or something something:

"You know, it’s interesting because I don’t want to steal the thunder from the other lawyers, but Nebraska, you’re going to hear, is quite a judicial thinking place, and just maybe, Senator Sasse is onto something."

Trump made his extreme displeasure known with Castor's "presentation" in particular, and has brought on two more cynical hacks to wave their hands and claim Trump had no idea his "will be wild" invitation to the Insurrection Ball and Capitol Demolition Derby would be misinterpreted by those seditious red-capped thugs waving his flags. Of course, Trump could literally hire baboons -- or, worse, Rudy "Toot Toot" Giuliani  -- to represent him and his cultish Senate Rethugs would still be on track to acquit him no matter what.

 

No comments: