Friday, April 30, 2021

Weekend Music

 

Fifty- five years ago today, the Rolling Stones' fourth album, "Aftermath," hit number 1 on the U.K. charts.  It was notable in that it was the first of their albums with all compositions by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, and for the experimental structures and tones, largely thanks to the variety of instruments played by Brian Jones (like the dulcimer) that you wouldn't normally hear on a Rolling Stones album.  Oh, and also it had some of their best music.  Here are "I Am Waiting" and "Lady Jane" (the original mono version).

2 comments:

FELINE MAMA said...

I was fortunate to be a teen in the 60's and remember the Second British invasion. I had ALL the Stones LP's with Brian Jones. Also, ALL the Beatles LP's. Somewhere in one of my moving ventures, with professional thieves, I mean movers, they ALL disappeared!! It makes me sick!!
I can only wish Karma, or her wife, Schadenfreude visited these A****les.

W. Hackwhacker said...

FM -- that, as we used to say, is a bummer. Having the original albums, with the jackets, was something tangible that connected you with the bands and the music.