Friday, June 18, 2021

Republican Crime Wave: Floriduh Luna-cy

 

One of the Republicans vying for a Florida Congressional seat is apparently really eager to win at any cost. William "Hit Squad" Braddock, a 37 year-old lawyer ( ! ) from St. Petersburg (Florida, not Russia) was heard on a recording referring to his right-wing Republican rival Anna Paulina Luna saying:

"I really don't want to have to end anybody's life for the good of the people of the United States of America. That will break my heart. But if it needs to be done, it needs to be done. Luna is a f---ing speed bump in the road. She's a dead squirrel you run over every day when you leave the neighborhood.”

Luna isn't a moderate GQPer either. She's a gun-waving radical Trumper all the way, a Luna-tic you might say. So this isn't about being a disloyal "RINO." Braddock went on to make this revealing threat:

I have access to a hit squad, too, Ukrainians and Russians,” he said about three minutes into the call, adding “don't get caught out in public supporting Luna. … Luna’s gonna go down and I hope it's by herself.”  (our emphasis)

A Republican with Russian connections? We're shocked, shocked!

But, he's on a mission:

“I’m not just blowing smoke here, I’m fucking being dead-ass serious, and it scares the shit out of me too,” Braddock added. “This is even scaring me at this point. But I know what I’m doing is noble and I’m just trying to remain a humble servant of god, and I’ve got a lot of people behind me.”
According to the article, in the recording, Braddock also made some unhinged statements about getting financial help from Malta and Gibraltar and from "fellow Freemasons." Luna has filed for a restraining order against Braddock, although Braddock might need one against her, given her obsession with assault weapons.


In a 2020 Ballotpedia questionnaire, Luna identified her political models:

"I have a lot of admiration for Matt Gaetz because of his honesty and grit. I also greatly respect Sarah Palin. I would be a hybrid of them."


Good times in Floriduh!


No comments: