Sunday, June 20, 2021

Sunday Reflection




Legendary composer and musician Brian Wilson turns 79 today. As the driving force behind the Beach Boys, the always creative and free spirited Wilson made a huge impact on pop and rock music that is popular to this day. We found these thoughts that he's expressed over the years.

On his fans:

"First of all, I want people to understand that I'm here to create for them. To create music for people so they'll know that I'm a source of love. And they can depend on my name."

On composing:

"I think in terms of emotions, and feelings. So sometimes what I say may not always be clear. But creatively, there's a lot to be said for that way of thinking."

On the Beach Boys' supposed rivals:

"There's no outdoing The Beatles."

(photo: Wilson's piano "sandbox" in his California home)

No comments: