Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Tucker Carlson Tells Truth: "I Lie"




Interviewed on right-wing hate radio host Dave Rubin's poo fling, Fox's execrable white nationalist propagandist Tucker "Mothertucker" Carlson had an exceedingly rare moment of truth when discussing other networks' supposed lies:

"...I mean I lie if I'm really cornered or something. I lie. I really try not to. I try never to lie on TV. I just don't -- I don't like lying. I certainly do it, you know, out of weakness or whatever."

But his lying goes so deep that he even tells another lie while admitting that he lies: "I never try to lie on TV."  In fact that's almost all he does on his nightly show (see here, and especially here). As the WaPo's Phillip Bump noted a few weeks ago in an article about Carlson's spurious attacks on Dr. Anthony Fauci

"Tucker Carlson’s show on Fox News Channel has by now settled into a familiar style, offering wild speculation and political attacks with a veneer of studious certainty. Carlson’s Harvard-senior aesthetic and well-honed oratory precision give the sense that he’s at long last presenting the results of his semester thesis when, in fact, he’s often just stapling together various angry tweets."

He not only lies when he's "really cornered or something." It's constant and part of his far-right white grievance schtick, and that's the truth.

(photo: Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images)