Sunday, March 20, 2022

Sunday Reflection

 

"It's not always easy for a father to understand the interests and ways of his son. It seems the songs of our children may be in keys we've never tried. The melody of each generation emerges from all that's gone before. Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life."

And:

"When I was very young, most of my childhood heroes wore capes, flew through the air, or picked up buildings with one arm. They were spectacular and got a lot of attention. But as I grew, my heroes changed, so that now I can honestly say that anyone who does anything to help a child is a hero to me."  --  TV's iconic children's program host Fred Rogers, from "The World According to Mister Rogers" (2003, Hatchette Books). Rogers, who died in 2003, would have been 94 today, and left behind generations of appreciative fans of his show "Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood" which ran on PBS from 1968 to 2001. Widely but gently satirized for his demeanor and message, as time passed his contributions to the education and emotional wellbeing of children won him praise and gratitude from educators and parents.

 

No comments: