Friday, June 17, 2022

QOTD -- Democracy Dies In Willful, Long Stupidity


To the extent Trump voters are watching the January 6 insurrection hearings, the reaction of lifelong Republican Jill Allen, 72, of Sugar Hill, GA, is likely the common takeaway for them:

“I think it was just a bunch of hotheads, a bunch of firebrands,” Jill said. “I would never think Trump would encourage any kind of violence, ever.” [snip]

“He’s not a quitter,” she said. “I would vote for him, but I would rather vote for someone else, and [the hearings] solidified that thought. I don’t like when people are unreasonable.”

Still, the idea of another four years of Trump in the White House gives her a certain comfort, she said: “I slept well when he was president.”

You don't reason with them, you don't find common ground with them, you just beat the hell out of them in every election until they're gone from the Earth.

No comments: