Friday, August 12, 2022

Weekend Music

 

The passing on August 8 of Motown composer/ producer Lamont Dozier (of Holland-Dozier-Holland fame), sent us to the Google machine to recall all of the hits he co-wrote or produced, most notably to us for the Motown label.  It's beyond impressive, including the vast majority of the hits recorded by The Supremes, The Four Tops and Martha and the Vandellas.  We're picking three of his earlier songs to honor his genius, "Come See About Me" ('64), "It's the Same Old Song" ('65), and "This Old Heart of Mine" ('66).  Hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

*FelineMama* said...

I grew up, my teen years, listening to MoTown !! I LOVED THAT MUSIC !! I Lived, Ate, Breathed it, so to speak. Ya knew what group, star, sang what songs & sang along ! You knew every word!! What a wonderful era !! They were the BB, Before Beatles !
I've got to listen to some of it, RIGHT NOW !
Ah, Isley Brothers !
THANK YOU, Mr. Dozier !!!!!!!!!!!