Saturday, August 31, 2024

Canadian Rockies

 

Let's join Harman Hoek on another of his silent hikes, this time through the Canadian Rockies. Here's his description:

In early June 2024, I hiked Section C of the Great Divide Trail in the Canadian Rockies, starting at Upper Kananaskis Lake in Peter Lougheed Provincial Park, Alberta. I passed over North Kananaskis Pass, crossing from Alberta into British Columbia, and entered the Height of the Rockies Provincial Park. On day two, I crossed Palliser Pass into Banff National Park and spent the night at Marvel Lake. On the third day, I hiked over Wonder Pass into Assiniboine Provincial Park, passing by Assiniboine Lodge, and spent two nights in a remote cabin. On day five, I climbed over Citadel Pass via Sunshine Meadows to Egypt Lake. On the sixth day, I completed the hike by exiting to Highway 1. This trek turned out to be one of my favorite hikes. The remoteness and untouched wilderness were unlike anything I'd experienced before.

We can attest there are few places more beautiful.  (Optional musical intro here 😉.)

No comments: