Sunday, October 13, 2024

Sunday Reflection

 



“My whole artistic life has always been about change, change, change, move on, move on. It’s the only thing I find interesting.....

I’m not in it for the money. I like music. I love to write music. I can’t imagine myself not playing or singing or writing. It would just drive me crazy if I didn’t.”  -- award-winning singer and songwriter Paul Simon (10/13/1941), who with Art Garfunkel formed the most successful duo in rock history. As a solo artist, Simon also has achieved success, notably with his 1986 album "Graceland." He's been inducted twice into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, collected 16 Grammys (solo and with Garfunkel), and was the first recipient of the Library of Congress' Gershwin Prize for Popular Song in 2007.

(photo: Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for The Recording Academy)

 

No comments: