Monday, June 30, 2008

Fighting Teh Stoopid


Today's WaPo gives us this depressing piece by Eli Saslow, "In Flag City USA, False Obama Rumors Are Flying." Jim Peterman, of Findlay, Ohio, is wondering for whom to cast his vote. He's seen the Obama ads, but he's also heard from his neighbors, like Leroy "Missing Link" Pollard who tells him Obama is a radical Muslim from Africa who's going to "bring his family over here, illegally." So, Mr. Peterman wonders about Obama:

"I haven't read his books or studied up more than a little bit. But it's hard to ignore what you hear when everybody you know is saying it. These are good people, smart people, so can they really all be wrong?"

Um, duh, lemme take my shoes off here so I can count my...oh, I guess I don't need to do that to give you an answer: YES! YES! THEY'RE ALL WRONG. And, by the way, THEY'RE NOT SMART PEOPLE (and probably not as good people as you think, either)!!!

For God's sake, is this the state of the American electorate, or is it just that all the simpletons have moved to Findlay, Ohio?

(Image: Your average (?) voter in Findlay, Ohio.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good grief!