Saturday, February 20, 2010

Quote of the Day

"Many, at that instant, expected to hear the words 'forgive me.' But the last phrase was Tiger's. I doubt I've ever heard an athlete ask the public to 'believe in me.' Isn't that more akin to theology? We keep learning, over and over, that some athletes (like all of us) prove over a lifetime that they are worth respecting, liking, admiring and cheering for. Others aren't. But 'believe in me?' We don't need to believe in you, Tiger. Come down off the mountain. Once you figure out some things, we'd just like to meet you. For the first time." -- Thomas Boswell in today's WaPo, commenting on Tiger "Hard" Woods' statement Friday. (Emphasis added) His odd choice of words sounded vaguely like a Toyota representative asking for customers to "believe in" them again.

No comments: