Thursday, September 20, 2012

Political Analysis of the Day


"The Romney campaign is skidding along on its axles and scraping its muffler. Soon it will be down to the dog on the roof.... But as I have been saying for a while now, Mitt Romney is a deeply flawed candidate who got the Republican nomination by beating a ludicrously weak field. Don’t believe me? You know who came in second? Rick Santorum. Newt Gingrich was third, and Ron Paul was fourth. That’s not a field; that’s a therapy group. [snip]

"I can summarize what Romney said to a bunch of wealthy donors at a May fundraiser: America is divided between the deserving rich and bums who want a handout. Vote for me, and I’ll keep you rich. Thank you very much. Enjoy the chicken." (our emphasis) -- Roger Simon in that bastion of Rethuglican-wired Conventional Wisdom, Politico.

No comments: