Sunday, September 29, 2013

Wyoming Slap-Down Continues

Not long ago, as we have noted, Lady Macbeth descendant Lynne "Queen of Mean" Cheney, the spouse of notorious random shooter Dick "The Dick" Cheney, got into a spat with former Rethug Sen. Alan Simpson over Simpson's support for incumbent Sen. Mike Enzi over her daughter Liz Cheney.  After the Queen of Mean told Simpson to "shut up" about his support of Enzi, the spat went public and she denied ever saying "shut up" to Simpson.  Well, Simpson published a response in a Wyoming newspaper that  begs to differ:
"In all of my 35-40 years of public life in Wyoming, I’ve never been called one particularly offensive name – and that is, a liar. And this is what Lynne Cheney said in her statement about this sad evening, and I quote her: 'As to the story posted on Facebook I have to admit I am at a bit of a loss. That simply did not happen.' And that twisted comment is one damn bald-faced lie and I have had a belly full of it! I have never been called a liar before and it sure as hell won’t work this time."
That'll leave a mark.  Something tells us the flinty -- and honest -- Simpson won't be on the Cheney Klan's Christmas list this year, and that's a good thing for him.   Just don't go hunting with The Dick...

No comments: