Thursday, June 26, 2014

Quote of the Day

"In Congress, folks will tell you climate change is a hoax, or a fad, or a plot. It’s a liberal plot.  And then most recently, because many who say that actually know better and they’re just embarrassed, they duck the question. They say, 'Hey, I’m not a scientist,' which really translates into, 'I accept that manmade climate change is real, but if I say so out loud, I will be run out of town by a bunch of fringe elements that thinks climate science is a liberal plot so I’m going to just pretend like, I don’t know, I can't read.'" -- President Obama, speaking to the League of Conservation Voters last night.

The President's been very active this past month in tackling greenhouse gas emission regulations and other important environmental needs, knowing that an obstructionist Congress, one half of which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the fossil fuel industry, will never do what's right by the environment or the people living within it.

No comments: