Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Weaseling Republicans, Kelly Ayotte Edition


At a debate yesterday in New Hampshire between Rethuglican Sen. Kelly Ayotte and Dem Gov. Maggie Hassan, Ayotte was asked if she would point to neo-fascist sociopath Donald "Rump" Trump as a role model for children. Ayotte fumbled uncomfortably for a moment and answered:
“I think that certainly there are many role models that we have and, um, I believe that he can serve as president and so absolutely I can do that." (emphasis added)
Realizing that Rump was lagging behind Secretary Clinton in New Hampshire, and that she's in a very tight race herself, Ayotte decided to flip, issuing the following retraction shortly after the debate ended:
“I misspoke tonight. While I would hope all of our children would aspire to be president, neither Donald Trump nor Hillary Clinton have set a good example and I wouldn’t hold up either of the, as a role models for my kids.”
So the question for New Hampshire voters becomes, what kind of a role model is Kelly Ayotte who doesn't have the moral courage to denounce her party's Presidential candidate for his misogyny, bigotry and unhinged temperament, only to be followed by a mealy-mouthed "both sides" retraction?  Another reason to support Gov. Hassan in her bid to unseat Ayotte.

No comments: