Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Mid-Week Song: Do You Promise?


The UK's Radiohead is one of the truly iconic bands of the past 25 years. The have the distinction of having their 2000 album "Kid A" named as album of the decade by Rolling Stone, The Times of London, and Pitchfork. Selling 30 million albums worldwide, Radiohead was voted the second best artists of the 2000s by Rolling Stone readers, and have four Grammys to their credit. Our featured song, "I Promise," was part of the band's live set in the 1990s, but was never released on an album. As if to demonstrate beautiful songs never grow old, their 1997 album "OK Computer" is being reissued later this month with today's song (and other unreleased tracks) included. Enjoy.
"I won't run away no more, I promise
Even when I get bored, I promise
Even when you lock me out, I promise
I say my prayers every night, I promise

I don't wish that I'm spread, I promise
The tantrums and the chilling chats, I promise

Even when the ship is wrecked, I promise
Tie me to the rotten deck, I promise"


No comments: