Sunday, April 1, 2018

The Idolators And Their Idol On Easter



Degenerate sociopath and sexual abuser Donald "Rump" Trump and his lame wife made a show of going to Easter services earlier today near his tacky residence, Mar-A-Lago. He used the opportunity outside the church not to deliver a message of tolerance and joy. Instead, Rump, who personifies everything that Christians are supposed to reject, slammed immigrants and Dreamers in particular. Earlier, the Twitter twit had a tirade about "no more DACA", killing NAFTA to punish Mexico, and pushing his illusory, 17th century technology wall.

In addition to a sermon on Rump's continual commission of the seven deadly sins, the church's minister should have treated Rump to something from Matthew 25: 35-40:
35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
The hypocritical farce of sanctimonious white "evangelical" right-wingers twisting themselves into pretzels and enthusiastically embracing this lying, corrupt fraud may account for their dwindling credibility. Their leadership has long been  comprised of partisan Rethuglican hacks (e.g., Pat Robertson, Ralph Reed, Franklin Graham, etc.) who clothe themselves in religious trappings, selective texts and the gospel that greed is good. They resemble their idol Rump in more ways than one, and seem to spend more time at political events and on Fox than in church.

So for those of you who are religious, observe this betrayal of your faith on Easter Sunday, and reject it publicly and often.

3 comments:

feline mama said...

Did I miss the customary Easter Egg Roll/Hunt with kids? Hadn't heard or seen any pics. Oh, that's right, you can't tweet this & he hates kids. What was I thinkin'. Also, too, he wouldn't be the center of attention. His tweets are. The cowardly, cold, little boy. BIG, SAD!!!!!!

DivaNewYork said...

Isn't it about time the good, truly spiritual people of this country reclaimed Christianity from the Evangelicals? Where are those who every day help the poor, sick, homeless and those imprisoned? We need to hear from them.

Hackwhackers said...

F.M. -- The egg roll is scheduled for tomorrow on the south lawn, probably to fit his weekend golfing schedule. Forecast is for rain, so Donnie may skip the event and not scare the kids.

Diva -- Couldn't agree with you more. Silence is consent, and the "evangelicals" have tarnished the religion they claim for much too long. The spotlight needs to be put on those that perform acts of humanity and grace, not the ugly hypocrites.