Sunday, August 16, 2020

Upstanding


Well, well.  What a collection of upstanding Americans we have in the Republican Party --


The Republican Party:  venal, criminal and sleazy, and a perfect reflection of their mango Mussolini.

BONUS: Dozens of protesters made some noise outside of DeJoy's DC residence yesterday. More of this.

BONUS II:  Better yet, more of this.

BONUS III:  House Democrats just scheduled an emergency hearing on August 24 (after the convention) with DeJoy and USPS board of governors chairman Robert Duncan, at which time perhaps they can be reminded that they could face criminal charges for interfering with mail delivery.

2 comments:

donnah said...

I wonder if DeJoy was prepared to be the latest target of wrath when he took this job. I wonder if he thought he'd stroll in, decimate the Post Office per his lordship's bidding, and then ride off unscathed with buckets of cash. It's stunning to me that this happened so brashly and out in broad daylight. Even for Trump, this is a crime of incredible scale.

I've seen my own mail service reduced and slowed down. I sell some of my rug hooking materials from my website and several of my mail order packages took twice as long to be delivered than usual. Our daily mail delivery usually produced mail of some sort literally every day, and now we get mail maybe three days a week. And I just sent a package to my sister in California via two-day delivery on the twelfth with a scheduled delivery for Saturday, and she didn't receive it, four days later, so far.

It's another disgusting, blatant, damaging act by Trump and he's publicly acknowledged that he is doing it. By curtailing mail service to slow down ballot delivery, he's committing a crime. I'd like to see my representatives in government haul their asses back from vacation and get this resolved. I don't care if they make the Treasury print money by the bushel and hand it directly to postal workers; this cannot stand.

W. Hackwhacker said...

donnah -- One Congressman, Rep. Bill Pascrell (D-NJ), has asked his state Attorney General to convene a Grand Jury to look into bringing criminal indictments against Trump and LaJoy. That may not faze Trump, but it might get LaJoy's attention.