Sunday, October 4, 2020

Sunday Reflection

 


"I've failed so many times in my life that my recovery time has improved. I'm better at redirecting my attention. I've trained in Radical Aliveness and Core Energetics over the past couple of years and that has allowed me to see how much we project our failures onto others. It has taught me to accept myself. There is real power in owning your truth." -- author and journalist Damon Runyon, a writer who captured the demi-mondes of New York City during Prohibition and the Great Depression. The term "Runyonesque" is used to describe the characters that populated his stories, usually gamblers, small time gangsters, and the down and out. The musical "Guys and Dolls" is based on two of his stories, "Blood Pressure" and "The Idyll of Miss Sarah Brown".

(photo: Runyon at the 1938 Kentucky Derby)

No comments: