Monday, June 3, 2024

Quotes Of The Day

 

From President Biden, as the trial of his son Hunter on gun charges begins today in Delaware (please note both the judge and prosecutor are Republicans, but there's no savaging of them like a certain convicted felon savaged a certain judge and prosecutor in New York) :

“I am the President, but I am also a Dad. Jill and I love our son, and we are so proud of the man he is today.  Hunter’s resilience in the face of adversity and the strength he has brought to his recovery are inspiring to us. A lot of families have loved ones who have overcome addiction and know what we mean. As the President, I don’t and won’t comment on pending federal cases, but as a Dad, I have boundless love for my son, confidence in him, and respect for his strength.  Our family has been through a lot together, and Jill and I are going to continue to be there for Hunter and our family with our love and support."

 ____________________

From our Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD) at the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic hearing today, where MAGAt Republicans tried to shift blame for the Covid response from the convicted felon Malignant Loser to Dr. Anthony Fauci:

"I want to join my colleague from Florida in apologizing to you that some of our colleagues in the United States House of Representatives seem to want to drag your name through the mud," Raskin said. "They're treating you, Dr. Fauci, like a convicted felon."

"Actually, you probably wish they were treating you like a convicted felon," he added. "They treat convicted felons with love and admiration. Some of them blindly worship convicted felons."

Dr. Fauci isn't the only one who knows how to deal with simple life forms!


2 comments:

seafury said...

That's a quote for the ages. I was utterly amazed by the show put on by EmptyG and watching the nods by some our more craven rethugs as she spewed. I'm drawn to her like a car wreck on the side of the road, I just can't look away.

W. Hackwhacker said...

seafury -- When she opens her big ignorant mouth, you can almost hear the buzzing and squeaking of the little animals inside her brain.