Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sunday Reflection - Life Imitating Art


"Lonesome Rhodes" (the huckster demagogue from 1957's "A Face In The Crowd"):
"Those morons out there? Shucks, I could take chicken fertilizer and sell it to them as caviar. I could make them eat dog food and think it was steak. Sure, I got 'em like this... You know what the public's like? A cage of Guinea Pigs. Good Night you stupid idiots. Good Night, you miserable slobs. They're a lot of trained seals. I toss them a dead fish and they'll flap their flippers."
 Donald "Rump" Trump (to The New York Times editorial writers):
“You know, if it gets a little boring, if I see people starting to sort of, maybe thinking about leaving, I can sort of tell the audience, I just say, ‘We will build the wall!’ and they go nuts.” 
'Nuff said.

BONUS:  Well, here's the once great Washington Post Bezos Bugle with a little more to be said:
It may indeed be the case that most Republicans or, someday, most Americans will take Mr. Trump’s offer to be a bully on their behalf. But Mr. Trump’s supposed mind-meld with the electorate, though documented in polls, has yet to be tested in actual voting. Citizens have not confirmed, in a binding way, their desire to be led by a man who so manifestly does not respect them. There is still time to prove otherwise; the GOP caucuses open in Iowa on Monday at 7 p.m.  (our emphasis)

No comments: