Saturday, August 12, 2023

QOTD -- Lifestyles Of The Rich And Felonious

 

Satirist Alexandra Petri has another surgical skewering, this time of the corrupt Republican Supreme Court justices =cough= Clarence Thomas Sam Alito =cough=.  She's envious of the luxe lifestyle and the fact that you don't need to know about or follow the law to be a justice.  Here's how she concludes:

... I am going to rethink my life! I thought if you wanted your reality to be jetting from beach to beach and experiencing prime seats at concerts and sporting events, you had to be born a Kardashian or some sort of minor oil baron. I thought you could not also have a day job in D.C. where you got to work in a nice marble building and tell people whether things are legal or not and whether they can be president, or alive.

I thought if I wanted to ride in helicopters and play golf in exclusive venues, I would have to give up my dream of unlimited power over other people’s lives. But now I see I was wrong. I was also wrong about needing to know all those laws and precedents! Anyway, I would like to be a Supreme Court justice now. My only complaint for the current justices, until I can join them, is that if you are going to take all these vacations at the behest of billionaires, I wish you would not also come back from those vacations and take my rights away. Just stay on vacation, I say.

Petri for the Court!


No comments: