Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Quotes Of The Day -- Walz's Labor Day Fire

 

“Republicans came up to me in one of my campaigns and they said, ‘Tim is in the pocket of organized labor.’ I said, that’s a damn lie. I am the pocket.

“And I told them, if you want to attack me for standing up for collective bargaining, for fair wages, for safe working conditions, for health care and retirement – you roll the damn dice. I’ll take my chances on that!” -- our next Vice President Tim Walz, at "Laborfest" in Milwaukee yesterday, firing up the crowd.

_____________________

“I remember a time when Republicans talked about things like freedom, they meant it.  But that’s not these guys. Trump and Vance, when they talk about freedom, means government should have the freedom to invade every corner of our life. They talk about small government, small enough to be in your bedroom, small enough to be in your exam room, small enough to be in your library, telling you the things you should make decisions about.” -- Walz at the same rally yesterday.

He's as effective a campaigner as Democrats could wish for, and a clear sign that our next President Kamala Harris has excellent judgement.

No comments: